The Black Women's Mental Wealth Academy: A Reading Circle for Promoting Resilience was created for Black women who love to read, and who enjoy reading the world through books. Our sister circle is a collective of Black women who are dedicated to self-empowerment, community uplift, and resilience. Our reading circle is specific to women who READ (yes, we are intellectual activists/girl advocates) to serve Black women and girls as educators, researchers, activists, community leaders, mothers, spiritual teachers, coaches, etc.
Our reading circle was conceived of during a pandemic, by women out here doing the work! Do you love social distancing from extreme unchecked capitalism, but miss the intellectual stimulation that comes from interacting with other like-minded people? Do you like the idea of using reading as a medium for personal and spiritual growth? Well, we do too!
To create a "safer" space, currently our circle is only open to women (17+) of African ancestry. This group is facilitated by Dr. Venus E. Evans-Winters a education and gender scholar, published author, speaker, certified clinical trauma professional, and psychotherapist in private practice with more than 10 years of experience.
Enroll today to begin a journey in increasing your mental wealth and strengthening your circle of support during a time of unprecedented stress!!
Our reading circle hosted by the Planet Venus Institute includes:
- Access to the Black Women's Mental Wealth Academy!
- Weekly 1-hour group book discussions and Q&A sessions!
- A schedule created by Dr. V so you know how to design your own action plan for change!
- Worksheets and handouts that will help increase self-awareness and improve your wellness routine!
- Direct access to me, Dr. V, as your course facilitator and wellness coach including all my knowledge as a professor, clinical therapist, health and wellness coach, and meditation teacher!
- My unwavering enthusiasm, dedication, and passion to help Black women achieve and thrive in the face of a pandemic!
- Opportunities to network and meet other fabulous Black women to help support their projects!
- Did I mention the AFFORDABLE RATE??!! My sister-friends and I wanted this support circle to be offered at a no-excuse rate. We doing this for the culture!! Okay, actually for Black girls and women (and we are the culture)!
Dr. V is the founder and creator of "The Planet Venus Institute". As a university professor, she writes and teaches in the areas of culture, Black feminist thought, critical race theory, educational policy, and qualitative inquiry.
With years of experience as a psychotherapist (View my profile on Psychology Today!) and a certified clinical trauma professional, Dr. Evans-Winters embraces resilience-building practices throughout her work. Learn more about Dr. V and her publications at https://www.venusevanswinters.com/.