At the Black Girls' Mental Health Academy, we help youth leaders, professional mentors, life coaches, and other non-mental health specialists increase their knowledge of the state of Black girls' and young women’s mental health in just 6 weeks, so they can potentially identify signs and symptoms of toxic stress and trauma in herself or others, gain positive coping and self-care skills, and develop the necessary skills to become peer mental health educators for their communities. Upon completion, students will receive a certificate which indicates that they completed the necessary training to become a Black Girl Mental Health Peer Educator as designated by scholar, author, and therapist, Dr. Venus E. Evans-Winters. Enroll today and earn your certificate to become a Black Girl Mental Health Peer Educator!!
This certificate course includes:
- Access to my Black Girl Mental Health Academy!
- A clear course calendar so you know how to design your own action plan for change!
- Weekly homework assignments to keep you and you focused!
- Worksheets and handouts that will help increase self-awareness and improve your wellness routine!
- The opportunity to showcase your skills and knowledge with a certificate!! Show teachers, future employers, or your future clients!
- My unwavering enthusiasm, dedication, and passion to help Black girls and young women achieve and thrive!
- Curriculum and activities designed by me, Dr. Venus Evans-Winters, which is based on all of my knowledge as a professor, clinical therapist, health and wellness coach, and meditation teacher!
- DID I MENTION THERE IS A GROUP DISCOUNT RATE??!! Ask me!
Dr. V is the founder and creator of "The Planet Venus Institute". As a university professor, she writes and teaches in the areas of culture, Black feminist thought, critical race theory, educational policy, and qualitative inquiry.
With years of experience as a psychotherapist (View my profile on Psychology Today!) and a certified clinical trauma professional, Dr. Evans-Winters embraces resilience-building practices throughout her work. Learn more about Dr. V and her publications at https://www.venusevanswinters.com/.